SEO, also known as search engine optimization, is to get your website to rank well on the natural listing of major search engines such as Google and MSN. SEO is a very time-consuming process, as you need to spend a lot of time and effort on establishing links with other webmasters.
This is why so many business owners decide to outsource their company optimization to a professional SEO firm. But if you are someone who love to do the technical stuffs, and have spare time to spend on it, you can try out some of the optimization techniques that I am going to share with you.
By applying the 5 essential SEO techniques below, you will be able to improve your ranking from your current position:
- Title tag. This is the most important element to change. Put your most important keywords at the front. Every single page of your website should have its own title tag. If you want to optimize more keywords for your website, you should design a different set of keywords for each page, customized to the content of that particular page.
- Meta Description. This is where you will insert a keyword-optimized description of your company. Do place your most important keywords at the front also when you are changing your Meta description.
- Link popularity. This is one of the most important elements of a SEO campaign and it will take up most of your time. You need to get as many links pointing back to your website as possible. Most search engines do not even consider websites if there is not at least 2 to 3 links pointing back to them. If you want to rank well on search engines, especially on Google, you need to get as many backlinks as possible.
- Keyword Density. You need to keep your overall keyword density between 5% to 20%. Place your keywords in your title and meta tag, header tag, bold tag, and at the start and end of the paragraph of a page.
- Build more content. Search engines love websites which provide valuable content. You should build more pages and keep each of your pages around 200 to 500 words. Try to link each of your pages out to other related websites.
Search engine optimization is the foundation to drive more traffic to a website. It is a long term investment and anyone who is serious about succeeding on the Internet, the subject of SEO is definitely a must to learn and execute